Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

Oh man, I think we had the most boring weekend of all time! The most exciting thing that happened was an impromptu trip to Ikea on Saturday to look for desk chairs. We used to have 2 nice, big, comfy chairs, perfect for hours at the computer, but one didn't make the last move (thanks to the cats clawing it up when they were kittens) and one broke (quite a while ago, actually), so we were down to using our dining table chairs. Which (a) aren't very comfortable and (b) are scratching up the wood floors. So finally I nagged V enough that he agreed to get new chairs. Desk chairs are really expensive! We'd looked at Ikea before, about a month ago, and they didn't really have much that was appealing to us. I happened to look at their website last week, and they had different chairs. Hooray! Off to Ikea we went. I love any excuse to go there. It's so fun to look at all their sample rooms/apartments and get ideas. I can't wait to move in July (even though we're not sure where yet) because we're going to ditch a bunch of the old, worn out stuff we have now, and that will mean I have a great excuse for plenty of shiny new Ikea things!

Saturday night, we ended up doing to Opart Thai House for dinner. It's one of our favorites, and is also on the Bib Gourmand list. I usually judge Thai restaurants on their Pad Thai, but theirs doesn't really do it for me. However, I've loved everything else I've ever had there! The food is just spicy enough to let you know you're alive, but not so spicy that you can't taste how amazing the food is. Plus as long as you get there before 7 it's pretty easy to get in  ;-)  And it's near Julius Meinl, so we have the perfect excuse to stop there for some coffee before going home!

No comments: