Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life Recap

Things have been so crazy lately that I haven't had much time to blog! Work has been pretty busy, and our weekends have been busy too, so I've been neglecting this a little bit. But that's ok because things are starting to quiet down, so I should have some good posts coming up soon! My job is basically a two year contract, which is over at the end of June this year, so things are winding down at work. We're also trying to plan a move in July (we figured my job ending would be the perfect excuse to check out a new city, but that's another post) and another big trip before that, in May (that's also another post). Both of those plans are finally starting to fall into place, so things should be exciting but hopefully not overwhelming between now and our move!

Last weekend, we went to see my family in Michigan. For Christmas we got my parents tickets to the Redwings/Blackhawks hockey game that was this weekend. It was good timing, because we got to spend Easter with them too! The hockey game was a lot of fun because we would've been happy no matter who won. The first two periods were kind of quiet, we think because both teams are already in the playoffs and nobody wanted to get hurt. The third period was a lot more exciting, and ended with a 2 - 2 score. So we got to see extra time! Neither team scored, so the game went to a shootout. The Blackhawks hadn't done so great in their last few shootouts, so we weren't too hopeful, but they ended up winning!

The weekend before that, my friend Annie came out for a visit. I really miss our coffee dates, so it was so good to get to spend the weekend together! We did a food tour through one of my favorite tour companies, Tastebud tours. This is actually the third tour I've done with them, and the weird thing is I've had the same guide every time! Their tours are really good, they feed you a ton of tasty Chicago food and you get a good dose of history and information about the city as well. We walked around the Mag Mile area, had dinner at Gino's, brunch at Glenn's Diner, went to the Museum of Science and Industry, ate at Julius Meinl, and overall had a great time. I can't wait to see her again!


No comments: