Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pasta with Cheese

I'm planning on making this sunday (and having it again monday for Valentine's Day) with some grilled shrimp, a salad, and some garlic bread. Sundays are so perfect for cooking meals that take a little more time, like homemade pasta! Maybe one day soon I'll talk a little bit about using my KA pasta roller. I looooove that thing, and my awesome sister in law gave me a spare set of cutters that she had. I have yet to use them, but I'm going to sunday. I can't wait to try them out!

Ingredients
1 pound angel hair Pasta (I'm planning on using homemade)
½ cup Grated Mozzarella
½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Goat Cheese (chevre)
2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
1 cup Fat Free Half&Half
1 whole Garlic Clove, Peeled
½ teaspoons Salt, More To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Minced Fresh Parsley

Directions

Heat half&half in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat.

Rub garlic clove all over the inside of a large serving bowl.

Cook pasta in lightly salted water, leaning toward the al dente side. Do not overcook! Drain pasta, then return to the cooking pot. Pour in half&half, add butter, and add cheeses and salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine, adding hot pasta water as needed for consistency. Don’t overmix; if there are little clumps of cheese here and there, it’s fine! Taste and add more salt if needed. Mixing stage should happen very quickly.

Turn pasta into large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with a nice medium rare steak.

Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

No comments: